Senior Ruby Developer
We are looking for a Senior Ruby developer to join our team. Applicants should be capable of writing clean and secure code, have a passion for incremental improvement of code, be familiar with Agile development techniques, be extremely practical and open to learning. The best candidate should have good self-management skills, keep control of time and the overall project status.
Requirements to the candidates
About the projects
- Strong technical and web development background.
- Strong Ruby skills, experience in Ruby on Rails (not required if candidate is already familiar with other Ruby or Python frameworks such as Merb or Django)
- Experience with RDBMS and Unix-like operating systems.
- Understanding of OOP principles, design patterns, best development practices.
- Understanding of different scalability techniques including caching, is a plus.
- Practical experience in test-driven development and agile projects is a plus.
- Strong technical English.
At Railsware we are currently developing:
- social networks;
- e-commerce solutions;
- full-cycle management and B2C/B2B systems;
- large scale email marketing systems.
Some of our projects require advanced performance tweaking and understanding of the HTTP protocol, we're also using TDD a lot.
Front End Developer
We are looking for passionate, roll-up-your-sleeves Web Developer.
We have an acute shortage of talented UI person who believes that good code should look beautiful from all points of view and follow that principle.
Your main focus will be to work between designers and devs and to propagate beauty and validity. We need those who looking forward to become a project front end owner to raise their children healthy and handsome, encourage colleagues, work proactively and never give it up.
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Experience in hand-coding XHTML pages
- Extensive knowledge of CSS
- Strong JS background and hunger to consolidate it
- Several years of commercial development experience
- A server side scripting language such as PHP, ASP, JSP, Ruby, Python (incl. OOP design patterns)
- Public APIs such as Flickr, Google maps or Facebook
User Interaction Designer
We are looking for experienced designer who will play key role in creating intuitive user experience for the large web applications. This includes interpreting requirements, communicating with the client, creating user interaction mockups and designing final screens.
- Understand business/user needs and suggest improvements
- Define the user model and user interface for new and existing features
- Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups and wireframes to communicate interaction and design ideas
- Lead the usability of new and existing products, and make constructive suggestions for change
- Organize and prioritize all changes that needs to be done to flow and screens
- Communicate changes in oral and visual way
- Graphic and UI design skills using Adobe software is a must
- Experience in creating full cycle of user interaction design: Requirements, Flow Mockups, Designs