We're looking for a Video Editor to join our team on a part-time/freelance basis - this gives you a great opportunity to do what you love and combine it with other activities you can’t live without. You will be a great help in preparing videos for our Railsware Academy YouTube channel, as well as working on videos covering our products - Mailtrap.io and Coupler.io.
*This is a freelance position. Standard Railsware benefits do not apply.
You will have a chance to work with different teams and try yourself working with different specifics and requirements. If this is something you are interested in, apply and share your portfolio with us so we can create more cool content together!
- Distilling the raw footage down from a rough to final cut
- Color correcting video and applying various visual effects
- Enhancing audio and working with the sound design
- Matching the voiceover and screencast tracks
- Adding (and sometimes creating) animated elements according to the given specs
- Formatting final version to fit different social media formats and length
Your skills and experience
- Understanding of editorial related systems, effects plug-ins, digital media routing and storage, audio boards and mixing, decks, scopes, monitors and related editorial equipment
- Knowledge of basic captioning and localization processes (i.e. creation of subtitles and dubbed audio)
- Possessing a wide range of music sensibility
- Thorough understanding of social best practices e.g., export settings, file formats, social safe zones, etc.
- Knowledge of A/V Video formats (such as H.264) and Artwork (PSD, JPEG, PNG)
- Creating professional & engaging video content for social media, digital ads, YouTube, Facebook cover videos, TikTok, how-to/training videos, and more
- Deep familiarity with social platforms including, but not limited to TikTok, Instagram (In-Feed, Stories, Reels, TV), Twitter, YouTube, Facebook
- Familiarity of optimization and best-practices for specs on social channels mentioned above
- Knowledge of short-form or promotional AV content like trailers, ad units, etc.
- Accuracy, attention to detail
- Flexibility and ability to work in a fast-paced, process/deadline-driven environment in collaboration with multiple teams
- A team player with a calm demeanor to deal with last-second requests and projects
- Fluent English (both writing and speaking)