Full Stack Engineer (Ruby / JS)Apply now
We're looking for a curious Software Engineer to join our team! The position will include building great products, tackling interesting challenges, and contributing to our engineering culture. We expect you to work in pairs, use test-driven development, be experienced in building complex web applications, and write both clean and maintainable code.
What you will work on
We expect you to work on both Railsware products and solutions designed for our clients:
- Mailtrap.io - our headliner in the world of safe email testing (with over 750,000 users)
- Coupler.io - a tool for data import between different systems to build smooth data flows
- Calendly - one of the most popular scheduling tools in the world
- BrightBytes - a platform that empowers school-wide improvement through data-driven insights
- OfficeSpace - a powerfully simple facility management software used by well-known companies in Silicon Valley and outside of it
Check other examples of the products we've built.
We write Ruby and JS code a lot. Our codebases, however, are often polyglot, and we keep on experimenting with technologies like Elixir or GO in real production. Therefore, additional experience in other languages and frameworks is, of course, a plus.
- Excellent general programming skills, ability to work with complex codebases
- Extensive knowledge of Ruby, Ruby on Rails, and its testing frameworks
- Practical experience in different DBs (e.g. RDBMS, Key Value / Tuple Store, Wide Column Store / Column Families, Document Store)
- Experience with cloud hosting providers (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, Digital Ocean, Heroku)
- Comfortable with the UNIX/Linux command line
- Experience in test-driven development and pair programming (good to have)
- Comfortable taking the lead on projects and working without lots of oversight
- Good English (both written and spoken)
- End-to-end product development
- Write reusable and maintainable code
- Write tests to thoroughly validate the correctness of your code
- Actively contribute to the identification of problems and their solutions
- Collaborate in a cross-functional team to ensure the project meets business objectives and compliance standards
- Work in a flat-structured company
- Smart benefits at Railsware
- The culture of constant development
- How we work remotely
- Why become a Product Engineer?
- Pull request review
- Test Fest approach
About the company
Railsware is a product studio. Since 2007, we have shaped our own “know-how” in product creation. Among others, we have helped Calendly and BrightBytes turn from small startups into close-to-billion-dollar companies.
Railsware products are the next step in company evolution. We have applied the best product development practices to creating our own solutions. Today, Mailtrap.io, Coupler.io, and Smart Checklist for Jira have over 800K users and generate over $1.7M of annual recurring revenue.
People feel great here. On average, a Railswarian stays in the company for about 5 years. We support our team with outstanding benefits and remote working culture.
We look for people with high potential ready to evolve in multiple directions. The right hires shape a team of A-players to learn from each other and evolve together.
- Remote-friendly environment
- You can set up your home office with our help
- Two comfortable offices in Kyiv and Krakow
- Flexible schedule
- Competitive remuneration which depends on team feedback and your results
- Additional financial services (microcredits)
- Relocation to Poland (if needed)
- Office visits to collaborate with your team live
- Company retreats for Railswarians to meet each other
- Best hardware and equipment
- 24+10 paid time off days a year
- 3 quick and 24 long illness days
- We cover sport expenses and medical insurance for you