Analytics EngineerApply now
We're looking for an Analytics Engineer with strong Python and SQL skills. You will build data products to analyze team efficiency and key business outcomes.
Railsware tries to make every process data-driven and automated, and we have advanced approaches to our analytics. You won’t be bored here! The results of your work will be a valuable contribution to the excellence of the company’s internal operations, development of our own products, and the Data Analytics craft itself.
What you will work on
- Developing a bonus stocks system for Railswarians
- Researching, gathering data sources, building a model
- Designing dashboards to track key performance metrics for each of our products
- MRR, sales, active subscriptions
- Building a database for internal analytics from sources like Slack, GDrive, Github, etc.
- Creating a data app to analyze workload and people allocations. It’ll help us understand if we need to extend our teams
- Setting up Slack notifications and monitors to inform people with important updates and company performance
- Learn how a Data Analyst at Railsware works
- An example of our data analysis task
- Railsware YouTube channel about data analytics
- Smart benefits at Railsware
- The culture of constant development
- How we work remotely
Required skills and experience
- Extensive knowledge of SQL and Python (these skills are a must)
- Fluent English (verbal and written communication skills) – you must be able to explain data models, describe processes, and deliver data in an easy to understand manner for non-data-savvy users
- 2+ years of experience working with data and small-to-medium datasets on a wide range of contexts
- Hands-on experience in data visualization using Data Studio/Tableau/Power BI or any other tool
- Skills in building data pipelines and setting up automation between various data sources
- A vision of how to make the results of your work an integrated part of the whole analytics system
- Understanding/capturing of business needs
- Ability to deliver simple and supportable solutions
- Good skills in managing your own tasks and projects independently
- Curiosity and readiness to do deep research, interview teams, detect and understand their needs for analysis
- Critical thinking to interpret data the right way
- Attention to detail and a deep focus on the context so that results to be precise
- Proactiveness to initiate ideas and push your projects to be implemented
Would be a plus
- Experience with Jupyter Notebook or Google Colab
- Experience in data infrastructure organization, monitoring, and maintenance: managing ETL processes, writing tests for data analytics code, and monitoring data consistency
- Engineering background
- Git Flow and GitHub usage
- Experience with GSheets or Excel, e.g. multiline array formulas, Query function
- Experience with Google Apps Script
About the company
Railsware is a product studio. Since 2007, we have shaped our own “know-how” in product creation. Among others, we have helped Calendly and BrightBytes turn from small startups into multi-million-dollar companies.
Railsware products are the next step in company evolution. We have applied the best product development practices to creating our own solutions. Today, Mailtrap, Coupler.io, and Smart Checklist for Jira have over 800K users and generate over $1.7M of annual recurring revenue.
People feel great here. On average, a Railswarian stays in the company for about 5 years. We support our team with outstanding benefits and remote working culture.
We look for people with high potential ready to evolve in multiple directions. The right hires shape a team of A-players to learn from each other and evolve together.
- Remote-friendly environment
- You can set up your home office with our help
- Two comfortable offices in Kyiv and Krakow
- Flexible schedule
- Competitive remuneration which depends on team feedback and your results
- Additional financial services (microcredits)
- Relocation to Poland (if needed)
- Office visits to collaborate with your team live
- Company retreats for Railswarians to meet each other
- Best hardware and equipment
- 24+10 paid time off days a year
- 3 quick and 24 long illness days
- We cover sport expenses and medical insurance for you