Analytics EngineerApply now
We're looking for an Analytics Engineer with strong skills in Python and SQL. You will build data products to analyze user engagement, project progress, and team efficiency.
You won’t be bored here. The results of your work will be a valuable contribution to development of our own products, the excellence of the company’s internal operations and Data Analytics craft itself.
Description of you
- You have at least 2+ years of experience working with data and small-to-medium datasets on a wide range of contexts
- You deliver solutions, which are simple and supportable
- You have a vision of how to make results of your work an integrated part of the whole analytics system
- You are always curious and ready to do deep research, interview teams, detect and understand their needs for analysis
- Build a data monitor for Product Funnel
- Research sales and marketing data: leads quality, geography, sources, conversion rates, data trends, etc.
- Build dashboards with our main metrics per context
- During onboarding you will help with Product analytics on Maitrap.io and develop data products for internal business processes
- Learn how a Data Analyst at Railsware works
- An example of our data analysis task
- Railsware YouTube channel about data analytics
- Smart benefits at Railsware
- The culture of constant development
- How we work remotely
- Extensive knowledge of SQL and Python (these skills are a must)
- Experience with Jupyter Notebook or Google Colab
- Skills in tuning data flows and setting up automations between various data sources
- Hands-on experience in data visualization software (e.g., Data Studio, Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Good skills in managing your own tasks and projects independently
- Fluent English (verbal and written communication skills) – you must be able to explain data models, describe processes, and deliver data in an easy to understand manner for non-data savvy users
- Critical thinking to interpret data the right way
- Attention to detail and a deep focus on the context so that results to be as right as possible
- Proactiveness to initiate best ideas and push your projects to be implemented
Would be a plus
- Data infrastructure organization, monitoring and maintenance: managing ETL processes, writing tests for data analytics code, maintaining smart seed data and monitoring data consistency
- Understanding/capturing of business needs
- Git Flow and GitHub usage experience
- Experience in GSheets or Excel, e.g. multiline array formulas, Query function
- Experience in Google Apps Script
About the company
Railsware is a product studio. Since 2007, we have shaped our own “know-how” in product creation. Among others, we have helped Calendly and BrightBytes turn from small startups into multi-million-dollar companies.
Railsware products are the next step in company evolution. We have applied the best product development practices to creating our own solutions. Today, Mailtrap, Coupler.io, and Smart Checklist for Jira have over 600K users and generate over $1M of annual recurring revenue.
People feel great here. On average, a Railswarian stays in the company for about 5 years. We support our team with outstanding benefits and remote working culture.
We look for people with high potential ready to evolve in multiple directions. The right hires shape a team of A-players to learn from each other and evolve together.
- Remote-friendly environment
- You can set up your home office with our help
- Two comfortable offices in Kyiv and Krakow
- Flexible schedule
- Competitive remuneration which depends on team feedback and your results
- Yearly bonus
- Additional financial services (microcredits)
- Best hardware and equipment
- 24+10 paid time off days a year
- 3 quick and 24 long illness days
- We cover sport expenses and medical insurance for you