with React Native
Today you no longer need to make a choice between iOS and Android for the first product launch. With the React Native cross-platform framework you can build both at the same time. We provide React Native app development services to help entrepreneurs go to market fully prepared.
Facebook introduced React Native in 2015 to solve the problem of poor performance in hybrid mobile apps. Here at Railsware, we experimented with this framework for a few months to prove it can meet all the functional and non-functional requirements. We've built an app using React Native for Montessori Compass, a classroom management system for Montessori schools. React Native proved great in the production environment and we've been using it for building mobile applications since.
React Native is great for fast product development
With React Native you can develop cross-platform applications that deliver excellent user experiences for iOS and Android platforms.
Facebook, Skype, Walmart, Bloomberg, Airbnb, Tesla, and other big brands used React Native to power their mobile products. Examples of apps developed in React Native by Railsware include BounceIn and Montessori Compass.
Develop a React Native app and deploy it on multiple platforms
React Native provides the native feel and fast performance
Why do we provide React Native mobile app development services to our clients?
- Shared codebaseReact Native accelerates app development. It allows you to build one code base and share up to 95% of it across both iOS and Android platforms. This results in significant cost and time savings.
- Native modulesInstead of webview (a native browser component to render HTML) that hybrid tools like Ionic and Apache Cordova use, UI of a React Native app is completely native.
- Reactive in natureLike React, React Native is pre-equipped with reactive programming architecture in which UI is the function of data. Reactive systems are easier to develop, test, and modify.
- Strong performanceReact Native achieves 60 frames per second and is much faster than Ionic and other hybrid tools. But without some manual interventions where needed, it will still be slower than native apps.
- Hot ReloadingWhenever we change anything in the code, React Native app displays the updated UI content immediately. Hot Reloading speeds up development and increases productivity.
What can be accomplished in mobile app development with React Native?
Though React Native is a few years old, we can say that it is a mature enough technology for cross-platform mobile app development. It works perfectly well for the following types of projects:
React Native apps built at Railsware
Montessori Compass, an app for Montessori schools
To attract a large network of Montessori schools to Montessori Compass, a web platform for classroom management or client needed to develop a mobile app. It was an application for parents where they could see pictures of their kids, view school reports, and get school messages. We managed to build the app for both iOS and Android using React Native under extremely short time constraints. The app was ready in one month and our client could get the school network on board.Read more
BounceIN, an app for express entrance to bars and nightclubs
BounceIN partners with local venues to provide an express entrance option to their guests via a mobile app. Because the app needed to be developed within a short time, we recommended using React Native. It took us about three months to build MVPs for two applications for iOS and Android platforms – one for venues, and one for guests. We launched the full-fledged apps after five months of work. With BounceIN app users can find a nightclub near them, buy a bounce (an express entrance ticket) and send a bounce to a friend.
A product defines the choice of technologies
The code is as important as the value it creates. When it comes to making a choice between native technologies and React Native, we consider a problem your product needs to solve and the intention with which you're creating it. We pick technologies that will work best for your product.
- Use React Native to develop an app for iOS and Android quickly and without the hassleReact Native for iOS development is the same as for Android. There is no need for separate developers. Both products can be created using one codebase. React Native makes apps fast to develop and easy to support. It's a cost-conscious decision for product owners.
- Use a real native framework for apps with platform-specific features or complex UIOne of the strongest advantages of native code is that it still performs better than React Native. If you have a performance-critical app, an app that requires access to platform-specific features like ARKit, or an app with sophisticated animations, you should use native tools to build it.
We focus on the bigger
picture and plan ahead
At Railsware, we focus on the bigger picture and think of the product as the soul that lives in code. Technology is surely important. But a product as a whole is more than just technology. Consumer perception, market feasibility, competitive landscape, value proposition, and long-term product vision – we take all those factors into account before we write a line of code.