We are seeking an experienced BI Engineer to join our team, responsible for designing, building, and maintaining high-quality reports and interactive dashboards tailored to the needs of our business, clients, and product teams. If you are passionate about transforming complex data into actionable insights, we encourage you to apply for the position of BI Engineer and contribute to our dynamic and innovative environment.
Our StackLooker Studio, Power BI, BigQuery, Coupler.io
- 2+ years of experience working as a BI Engineer
- Extensive experience using Looker Studio and Power BI
- Proficiency in crafting SQL queries for efficient data extraction and manipulation to support insightful reporting and dashboard development
- Experience working with APIs: reading and understanding documentation, data structure, available sources
- Ability to create visually appealing and insightful data visualizations, presenting complex data in a clear and easily understandable format to provide valuable insights
- Practical experience with ETL processes and tools
- Ability to work with unfamiliar data sources (e.g., CRMs, time tracking, billing systems, etc.)
- Strong analytical mindset, enabling the identification of data patterns and drawing meaningful insights for data-driven recommendations to key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve technical challenges related to BI development and data integration
- Effective communication skills to convey complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders, facilitating collaborative discussions
- Strong focus on accuracy and precision while creating dashboards and reports, ensuring data accuracy and reliability
- Fluent in verbal and written English
Would be a plus
- Knowledge of Python
- Experience working with Tableau, Sisense, Qlik Sense, and other BI tools
- Experience working with different domains and data sources, especially, in marketing domain (Google Analytics 4, Facebook Ads, etc)
- Create visually appealing and user-friendly reports and interactive dashboards that visualize data and present insights for business users, select appropriate visualization techniques based on the data type, context, and audience
- Research data sources and their APIs for building new reports or improving existing ones
- Develop and maintain ETL processes to extract, transform, and load data from various sources into a unified format for analysis
- Prepare and integrate data from multiple sources into the dashboards to ensure data accuracy and consistency
- Prepare raw data for visualization, including cleaning, transforming, and aggregating data to ensure accuracy in the visual representation
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including data team, marketers, and business stakeholders to understand their analytical needs and translate those requirements into technical specifications
- Analyze and manipulate data efficiently using SQL to extract meaningful information and support decision-making processes
- Monitor and optimize BI applications and processes to meet the business's needs and improve efficiency
- Proactively troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to dashboard development, data quality, integration, or reporting, providing support to users encountering BI tool problems
- Provide data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders for decision-making
- Stay up-to-date with the latest BI trends, methodologies, and technologies to implement best practices and enhance the organization's BI capabilities
What you will work on
- Build Coupler.io templates
- Contribute to internal and consultancy projects
- Competitive compensationLet's face it: in a late capitalistic world, getting paid well certainly doesn't hurt.
- Growth opportunitiesOutline your growth and development plan, expand your skills, knowledge, and career horizons in a supportive and innovative environment.
- Remote and flexible scheduleRailswarians live in more than 25 countries with different time zones. All of them are free to choose their most productive work time and place.
- Smart Expense policyThere's an additional sum allocated to help you set up your workstation, improve your health, and learn whatever you want and how you want. No. Questions. Asked.
- Secure hardware and equipmentYour productivity is our priority. Once you join Railsware, you’ll get secure equipment of your choice.
- 34 Paid days offRailswarians rest 24 days per year + 10 days to cover your national holidays.
- Regular online and offline gatheringsWe frequently meet online and offline to get acquainted, collaborate, build a network, and have fun together.