Chief Operating Officer
We are looking for a Chief Operating Officer (COO) to setup, track and maintain all the processes related to company resources management, internal/external collaborations, administrative operations, corporate culture, legal and security. This now includes around 50 projects ran at a time. So if you are driven by working in such a multi-context environment, read further. If this opportunity frightens you, do not proceed.
Our goal is to get rid of unnecessary bureaucracy. We stay flexible and iterate over procedures. If we can improve them - we do the right thing. It’s important that here at Railsware we automate and conceptualize 80% of our processes. You can then enjoy seeing 100% super diligent results with only 20% of efforts.
If you have an engineering mindset, strategic vision of running operations in the company, strong leadership skills, and most of your decisions are based on data, this position will be a great fit for you.
Company resources management
- Build and maintain company operations tracking system
- Make decisions and polish processes based on the data received
- Provide timely and accurate updates on the data received and actions taken
- Maintain resources and people allocations based on their current load and projects requirements
- Provide full strategic and tactical management of admin processes (travel, facilities management, team events, hardware, etc.)
- Make sure all of the initiatives and projects are aligned with the company strategy
Internal collaboration processes and culture
- Revise, implement and maintain Railsware approaches to internal/external collaborations (e.g. team collaboration in Slack, GDrive, Jira/Confluence, etc.)
- Define and fix problems in internal/external collaborations case by case;
- Lead by example, nurture Railsware culture within the team
- Support and update internal policies
Legal and Security
- Oversee legal and compliance (including proactive risk management), contracting, and provide support in these areas for all the Railsware offices worldwide
- Make sure the company is GDPR compliant
- Maintain legality in all the company processes
- Maintain all aspects of company security: information, software, office access, etc.
- Involve internal support team and external legal advisors if needed
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience in an IT company with proven operational success
- High-level understanding of all business functions and their efficiency metrics (Admin, Legal, Finance, Software Engineering, Business Development, HR, etc.)
- Ability to decompose strategy into actionable items, processes, and policies
- Experience in managing/building processes within an organization
- Data-driven approach to work - decision making based on data and facts, not emotions/assumptions
- Knowledge of EU and UA legislation (experience in labour law and GDPR in particular)
- Advanced skills in Google Sheets
- Excellent computer literacy
- Proven ability to foster a healthy organizational culture, to encourage teamwork and collaboration
- Excellent command of English, both written and spoken
- Project Management skills, including the ability to:
- Execute on a great level
- Create reusable lists of tasks and activities (documenting processes)
- Set up realistic time frames
- Efficiently work and communicate with different people (users, customers, colleagues, advisors)
- Multitask and manage many contexts at once
- Strong proactive problem solving
- Strong informal leadership skills
- Competitive compensationLet's face it: in a late capitalistic world, getting paid well certainly doesn't hurt.
- Growth opportunitiesOutline your growth and development plan, expand your skills, knowledge, and career horizons in a supportive and innovative environment.
- Remote and flexible scheduleRailswarians live in more than 25 countries with different time zones. All of them are free to choose their most productive work time and place.
- Smart Expense policyThere's an additional sum allocated to help you set up your workstation, improve your health, and learn whatever you want and how you want. No. Questions. Asked.
- Secure hardware and equipmentYour productivity is our priority. Once you join Railsware, you’ll get secure equipment of your choice.
- 34 Paid days offRailswarians rest 24 days per year + 10 days to cover your national holidays.
- Regular online and offline gatheringsWe frequently meet online and offline to get acquainted, collaborate, build a network, and have fun together.