We are looking for a diligent and goal-oriented Data Analyst to help us build a data-driven organization. The key aim of the position is to architect and maintain a data management system that will provide Railsware with all the insights needed to make decisions in different areas of company activities.
What you will be working on
Your major area of responsibility will be related to the data of company operations, consultancy, and own products. The insights to be provided will cover various parts of the business including forecasting, team efficiency, user engagement, project progress, etc.
We expect you:
- To set up data flows and representation so that the results are accurate and understandable
- To answer the questions we have to make data-driven decisions related to company management.
Some examples of the data we would like to see
- System to keep the right balance between profits and losses (collect and process data from various sources, spot outliers in expenses, etc.)
- Railsware products metrics (MRR, LTV, Stickiness, Churn, etc.)
- Consultancy of sales and marketing insights (leads quality, geography, sources, conversion rates, etc.)
- People related metrics (recruitment sources efficiency, conversions between stages, cost per hire, attrition rate, forecasts for recruitment, etc.)
- Discover domains and gather requirements via interaction with subject matter experts from different areas
- Design, implement, maintain, and evolve data infrastructure within the company to keep data accurate and up to date
- Build forecasts and models to discover trends, outliers and dependencies
- Visualize data to keep it available and representative (via Data Studio, Google Sheets, and other dashboards)
- Describe processes and approaches to data management
- Contribute to educational content creation
- 2+ years of experience as a Data Analyst working with rather high-quality small-to-medium datasets on a wide range of contexts. Different from a Data Engineer, who works with big data, and spends months in order to identify various trends in a single context
- Extensive experience in GSheets/Excel, SQL
- Experience in data blending, data modeling, and data architecture
- Advanced skills in tuning data flows and setting up automations between various tools
- Hands-on experience in data visualization via reports and dashboards
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – must be able to explain data models, describe processes, and deliver data in an easy to understand manner for non-data savvy users
- Advanced English, both written and spoken
Would be a plus
- Strong background in Math (Statistics and Probability theory specifically)
- Experience in Python or R
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or technical specialities
- Experience in data frames platforms (Matlab, Maple, etc.)
About the company
Railsware is a product studio. Since 2005, we have shaped our own “know-how” in product creation and organisations management. Among others, we have helped Calendly and BrightBytes turn from small startups into close-to-billion-dollar companies.
Railsware products are the next step in company evolution. We have applied the best product development practices to creating our own solutions. Today, Mailtrap and Smart Checklist for Jira have over 500K users and generate over $1M of annual recurring revenue.
People feel great here. On average, a Railswarian stays in the company for about 6 years. We support our team with outstanding benefits and remote first working culture.
We look for people with high potential ready to evolve in multiple directions. The right hires shape a team of A-players to learn from each other and evolve together.
- Remote-friendly environment
- Two comfortable offices in Kyiv and Krakow (ergonomic chairs, standing desks, always fresh food and drinks)
- Flexible schedule
- Competitive salary
- Compensation depends on team feedback and your results
- Yearly bonus
- Additional financial services (saving programs, microcredits)
- Best hardware and equipment
- 24+10 vacation days a year
- 3 quick and 24 long illness days
- We cover sport expenses and medical insurance for you