Data AnalystApply now
We're looking for a true Data Analysis geek to supercharge Railsware in making smart data-driven decisions for the business. The key aim of the position is to gather a lot of data from different sources, process it masterfully, and convert it to simple and useful insights for the team. We can promise that you won’t be bored here.
The results of your work will be a valuable contribution to the development of our own products, clients’ solutions, and improvement of the company’s internal operations (like recruitment). We would really like to combine your strong expertise and freedom in coming up with ideas and their implementation. That's how we do it here, at Railsware.
Description of you
- You have at least 2+ years of experience as a Data Analyst working with small-to-medium datasets on a wide range of contexts
- You are always curious and ready to do deep research, interview the teams, detect and understand their needs for analysis
- You can deliver own solutions that will bring value to projects you’ll work on
- You have successful cases related to managing data-driven projects independently, based on the business objectives
- You value quality and simplicity and know when to simplify your solutions, or even make them self supportable
- You are an easy-going, fast learner who is always ready to experiment with new concepts and tools
The major area of responsibility will be related to the data of our own products, company operations, and consultancy. The insights to be provided will cover various parts of the business including forecasting, team efficiency, user engagement, project progress, etc.
Some examples of the results we would like to see:
- A system to keep the right balance between profits and losses (collect and process data from various sources, spot outliers in expenses, etc.)
- Railsware products metrics monitor (MRR, LTV, Stickiness, Churn, etc.)
- Research of sales and marketing: leads quality, geography, sources, conversion rates, etc.
- Qualification of product early adopters to distinguish between one-person companies and huge businesses
- Learn how a Data Analyst at Railsware works
- An example of our data analysis task
- Railsware YouTube channel about data analytics
- The culture of constant development
- Remote work at Railsware
- Strong background in Statistics and Probability theory
- Good skills in management of own tasks and projects independently, writing notes, project scope
- Understanding of business needs
- Hands-on experience in data visualization via reports and dashboards (e.g., Data Studio, Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Skills in tuning data flows and setting up automations between various data sources
- Critical thinking
- Attention to detail and a deep focus on the context
- Proactiveness - this skill is must-have to work at Railsware
Would be a plus
- Software product analysis experience would be a great plus
- GitHub usage experience
- Data infrastructure organization, monitoring and maintenance: managing ETL, writing tests for data analytics code, maintaining smart seed data and monitoring data consistency
- Experience with Jupyter Notebook
- Experience with Google AppsScript
- Experience in GSheets or Excel, e.g. multiline array formulas, Query function
- Experience in Machine Learning
About the company
Railsware is a product studio. Since 2007, we have shaped our own “know-how” in product creation. Among others, we have helped Calendly and BrightBytes turn from small startups into multi-million-dollar companies.
Railsware products are the next step in company evolution. We have applied the best product development practices to creating our own solutions. Today, Mailtrap, Coupler.io, and Smart Checklist for Jira have over 600K users and generate over $1M of annual recurring revenue.
People feel great here. On average, a Railswarian stays in the company for about 5 years. We support our team with outstanding benefits and remote working culture.
We look for people with high potential ready to evolve in multiple directions. The right hires shape a team of A-players to learn from each other and evolve together.
- Remote-friendly environment
- Two comfortable offices in Kyiv and Krakow (ergonomic chairs, standing desks, always fresh food and drinks)
- Flexible schedule
- Competitve remuneration which depends on team feedback and your results
- Yearly bonus
- Additional financial services (saving programs, microcredits)
- Best hardware and equipment
- 24+10 paid time off days a year
- 3 quick and 24 long illness days
- We cover sport expenses and medical insurance for you