We're looking for a Data Engineer with strong data infrastructure organization, monitoring, and maintenance skills for our products, Smart Checklist for Jira and Coupler.io. You will be responsible for building data pipelines, and defining, maintaining and scaling infrastructure in environments like AWS or Google Cloud.
What you will work on
- Helping our products and clients to build sustainable DWH
- Setting up ETL processes to automate data collection and reporting
- Organizing, structuring, and migrating data from different sources
- Maintaining data: monitor if the data is up to date, build new data flows, and update existing ones
Required skills and experience
- Experience in data infrastructure organization, monitoring, and maintenance: managing ETL processes, writing tests for data analytics code, and monitoring data consistency
- Experience with cloud-based data warehouses (e.g., BigQuery, Redshift, Snowflake)
- Extensive knowledge of SQL
- Experience with data flow automation tools like dbt, Airflow, Google Cloud, etc.
- Fluent verbal and written English
- 2+ years of experience in similar roles
- Skills in building data pipelines and setting up automations between various data sources
- Good team collaboration skills
- Attention to detail - you always provide accurate results
- Ownership skill - you take responsibility and care for the whole project results
- Learning on the fly to bring up-to-date technologies and approaches to your work
Would be a plus
- Data visualization experience using Data Studio/Tableau/Power BI/Grafana or any other tool
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with Jupyter Notebook or Google Colab
- Experience with Git and Git Flow
- Experience in infrastructure provisioning and automation tools (Terraform)
- Business acumen to define needs for analysis and why it can be beneficial for a product
- Good presentation skills to convince decision-makers that your numbers and conclusions make sense
- Competitive compensationLet's face it: in a late capitalistic world, getting paid well certainly doesn't hurt.
- Growth opportunitiesOutline your growth and development plan, expand your skills, knowledge, and career horizons in a supportive and innovative environment.
- Remote and flexible scheduleRailswarians live in more than 25 countries with different time zones. All of them are free to choose their most productive work time and place.
- Smart Expense policyThere's an additional sum allocated to help you set up your workstation, improve your health, and learn whatever you want and how you want. No. Questions. Asked.
- Secure hardware and equipmentYour productivity is our priority. Once you join Railsware, you’ll get secure equipment of your choice.
- 34 Paid days offRailswarians rest 24 days per year + 10 days to cover your national holidays.
- Regular online and offline gatheringsWe frequently meet online and offline to get acquainted, collaborate, build a network, and have fun together.