We're looking for a Data Engineer with strong data infrastructure organization, monitoring, and maintenance skills for our products, Smart Checklist for Jira and Coupler.io. You will be responsible for building data pipelines, and defining, maintaining and scaling infrastructure in environments like AWS or Google Cloud.
What you will work on
- Helping our products and clients to build sustainable DWH
- Setting up ETL processes to automate data collection and reporting
- Organizing, structuring, and migrating data from different sources
- Maintaining data: monitor if the data is up to date, build new data flows, and update existing ones
Required skills and experience
- Experience in data infrastructure organization, monitoring, and maintenance: managing ETL processes, writing tests for data analytics code, and monitoring data consistency
- Experience with cloud-based data warehouses (e.g., BigQuery, Redshift, Snowflake)
- Extensive knowledge of SQL
- Experience with data flow automation tools like dbt, Airflow, Google Cloud, etc.
- Fluent verbal and written English
- 2+ years of experience in similar roles
- Skills in building data pipelines and setting up automations between various data sources
- Good team collaboration skills
- Attention to detail - you always provide accurate results
- Ownership skill - you take responsibility and care for the whole project results
- Learning on the fly to bring up-to-date technologies and approaches to your work
Would be a plus
- Data visualization experience using Data Studio/Tableau/Power BI/Grafana or any other tool
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with Jupyter Notebook or Google Colab
- Experience with Git and Git Flow
- Experience in infrastructure provisioning and automation tools (Terraform)
- Business acumen to define needs for analysis and why it can be beneficial for a product
- Good presentation skills to convince decision-makers that your numbers and conclusions make sense
As a part of our life-work balance, we want Railswarians to live an active and wholesome life. That’s why we take perks pretty seriously.Download for more details
- Competitive compensationLet's face it: in a late capitalistic world, getting paid well certainly doesn't hurt.
- Best hardware and equipmentYour productivity is our priority. Once joined Railsware, you’ll get the top equipment of your choice.
- Remote and flexible scheduleRailswarians live in more than 25 countries with different time zones. All of them are free to choose their most productive work time.
- 34 Paid time offRailswarians rest 24 days per year
+ 10 days to cover your national holidays.
- Insurance CoverageThere's an additional budget allocated for you to cover your medical expenses. No. Questions. Asked.
- Annual RetreatOnce a year, we meet in a beautiful place to get acquainted in person, collaborate, build network, and have fun together.
- Education coverageAt Railsware, we don’t tell you how or what to learn. Pick the format/topic/tool you prefer and we’ll support you.