Events & Operations Manager
We are looking for an Events & Operations Manager to join our team in Kyiv, Ukraine. A wanted candidate is the one having a balanced mix of excellent organizational skills and creativity. Railsware is a well-structured organization, where each function is covered with processes and to-do lists. So, we expect you to be willing to organize and conceptualize each piece of your work. This includes events management, general operations, travel, and procurement.
As an Events & Operations Manager at Railsware you will be responsible for:
- Managing various types of internal and marketing events
- Organizing business travel
- Supporting employees’ benefits
- Managing procurement operations
- Support and update company vision on events management and make sure it is aligned with Railsware strategy
- Organize and manage events
- Yearly Summit
- Team building activities
- Knowledge sharing sessions and meetups
- Serve as a liaison between the internal team and external vendors
- Collect Railswarians’ feedback on the events to constantly strive for greatness
- Research what other companies in our category do
- Develop, document and improve processes and procedures around company’s events
- Oversee cultural and team building activities to maintain a happy and engaging work environment
- Organize business travel:
- Support visa obtaining process (to USA, UK, EU)
- Manage accommodation and transportation bookings
- Manage immigration processes
- Keep all of the travel-related policies up to date
- Support Railsware benefits for employees:
- Do market research and update benefits policies
- Ensure all the benefits are provided on time and in the best possible manner
- Select and manage external vendors and suppliers
- Manage company’s swag (merchandize) and branding materials production
- Make needed orders and purchases related to benefits (hardware, medical insurance, sports, conferences, etc.)
- Provide needed support for office-related purchases
- Plan, organize and manage general operations budget
- Keep all the processes balanced and up to date
- Record-keeping: branding materials, documents, files, invoices related to company activities, event logs, deadlines, limits (like visa days).
Required Skills and Experience
- Excellent command of English, both written and spoken
- 2+ years of relevant experience in events, travel, and general operations
- Experience in organizing 50+ people trips abroad
- Proven successful experience in people and project management
- Experience in working on multiple projects of various complexity simultaneously
- An eye for details and proactive nature with a positive attitude
- Ability to build strong relationships across the organization
- Outstanding communication and storytelling skills
- High-level stress resistance, resourcefulness, negotiation, and problem-solving temper
- Ability to decompose strategy into actionable items and prioritize them
- Proven success in creating and implementing business processes, checklists, and policies
- Own approaches to hyper organisation including but not limited to:
- Ability to automate processes using Google Sheets
- Tracking tools (like Jira, Asana, Trello, etc.)
- Strategic thinking and processes ownership
- Competitive compensationLet's face it: in a late capitalistic world, getting paid well certainly doesn't hurt.
- Growth opportunitiesOutline your growth and development plan, expand your skills, knowledge, and career horizons in a supportive and innovative environment.
- Remote and flexible scheduleRailswarians live in more than 25 countries with different time zones. All of them are free to choose their most productive work time and place.
- Smart Expense policyThere's an additional sum allocated to help you set up your workstation, improve your health, and learn whatever you want and how you want. No. Questions. Asked.
- Secure hardware and equipmentYour productivity is our priority. Once you join Railsware, you’ll get secure equipment of your choice.
- 34 Paid days offRailswarians rest 24 days per year + 10 days to cover your national holidays.
- Regular online and offline gatheringsWe frequently meet online and offline to get acquainted, collaborate, build a network, and have fun together.