We are now expanding our Financial team both in Krakow and Kyiv. We are searching for exceptional professionals to make a significant contribution to running financial operations. Ideally, you will be able to blend your own vision into Railsware’s way of doing finances.
Railsware tries to get rid of unnecessary bureaucracy. Our goal is to automate and conceptualize 80% of our processes, so those become UNBORING! This will let us achieve 100% super diligent results with less manual work.
Description of you
- You like solving problems and coming to conclusions. You are structured and organized, can follow processes and optimize them when needed. You can apply financial accounting rules when doing a day2day job in finances.
- You are an active team member, participating in writing implementation plans and following the pre-agreed list of tasks. You are not afraid to share your opinion and ideas, trying to improve all the time. We are always ready to start doing things in a better way but we need your voice to be able to grow.
- You understand things quickly, ask many questions, try to understand as much as possible. You actively use your current experience and knowledge when working on new processes or new spreadsheets.
- You can keep the ownership over smaller parts of processes and tasks given to you such as doing a regular monthly payment process or consolidating P&Ls of different entities. You make notes to understand everything and collaborate with others on new topics. This is far more important than fitting into the speed of the meeting dictated by attendees. You know that it is crucial to understand as much as possible later on, instead of hoping that you can remember everything. That’s why you can pause somebody and say "Wait, let me write this down" when needed.
- Collaboration with our financial team on different projects related to the financial operations of entities located in different countries.
- Work with automation tools with Google Sheets and Data Blending approach to support them.
- Ensuring that important documentation is done properly and on time. This includes preparing cooperation agreements, NDAs, bank references, and so on. You will also manage our contractors’ database.
- Management of benefits applicable to our team members. You will make sure that all their bonuses and perks are included in their salaries, and financial transactions are done on time.
- Hardware and inventory management. This includes buying equipment and making sure that it is included in proper budgets.
- 2+ years in accounting/finance/business intelligence
- Experience in creating/maintaining financial processes
- IT and systems expertise:
- Google Sheets (must: FILTER and ARRAYFORMULA, data import between GSheets)
- Excellent computer literacy: it’s easy for you to use different hardware and software, mostly related to finances and administration
- Project Management skills, including:
- Ability to execute on a great level
- Creating reusable lists of tasks and activities (documenting processes)
- Setting up realistic time frames
- Efficient collaboration and communication with different people (users, customers, colleagues, advisors)
- Data-driven approach to work - decisions are based on data and facts, not emotions/assumptions
- Proactiveness and ownership - you don’t wait for anyone to tell you what should be done. You own the process, and if something is unclear, you ask questions
- Experience in using ERP systems
- Fluent English (both written and spoken)
Would be a plus:
- Passion for optimizing and automating repeatable job rather than being afraid of it and doing stuff manually
- Bonus points for knowing tools like:
- Xero - for accounting
- Slack, any chat or tool for communication
- Airtable - as database
- Jira, Trello, Asana - for task/project management
- Data Blending and analytical tools - like Alteryx, Pentaho, Talend
- Writing code (any code really)
- Ability to work with others in an informal environment, socially enabled, not afraid to collaborate
- Competitive compensationLet's face it: in a late capitalistic world, getting paid well certainly doesn't hurt.
- Growth opportunitiesOutline your growth and development plan, expand your skills, knowledge, and career horizons in a supportive and innovative environment.
- Remote and flexible scheduleRailswarians live in more than 25 countries with different time zones. All of them are free to choose their most productive work time and place.
- Smart Expense policyThere's an additional sum allocated to help you set up your workstation, improve your health, and learn whatever you want and how you want. No. Questions. Asked.
- Secure hardware and equipmentYour productivity is our priority. Once you join Railsware, you’ll get secure equipment of your choice.
- 34 Paid days offRailswarians rest 24 days per year + 10 days to cover your national holidays.
- Regular online and offline gatheringsWe frequently meet online and offline to get acquainted, collaborate, build a network, and have fun together.