Financial AnalystApply now
We are now expanding our Financial team both in Krakow and Kyiv. We are searching for exceptional professionals to make a significant contribution to running financial operations. Ideally, you will be able to blend your own vision into Railsware’s way of doing finances.
Railsware tries to get rid of unnecessary bureaucracy. Our goal is to automate and conceptualize 80% of our processes, so those become UNBORING! This will let us achieve 100% super diligent results with less manual work.
Description of you
- You like solving problems and coming to conclusions. You are structured and organized, can follow processes and optimize them when needed. You can apply financial accounting rules when doing a day2day job in finances.
- You are an active team member, participating in writing implementation plans and following the pre-agreed list of tasks. You are not afraid to share your opinion and ideas, trying to improve all the time. We are always ready to start doing things in a better way but we need your voice to be able to grow.
- You understand things quickly, ask many questions, try to understand as much as possible. You actively use your current experience and knowledge when working on new processes or new spreadsheets.
- You can keep the ownership over smaller parts of processes and tasks given to you such as doing a regular monthly payment process or consolidating P&Ls of different entities. You make notes to understand everything and collaborate with others on new topics. This is far more important than fitting into the speed of the meeting dictated by attendees. You know that it is crucial to understand as much as possible later on, instead of hoping that you can remember everything. That’s why you can pause somebody and say "Wait, let me write this down" when needed.
- Collaboration with our financial team on different projects related to the financial operations of entities located in different countries.
- Work with automation tools with Google Sheets and Data Blending approach to support them.
- Ensuring that important documentation is done properly and on time. This includes preparing cooperation agreements, NDAs, bank references, and so on. You will also manage our contractors’ database.
- Management of benefits applicable to our team members. You will make sure that all their bonuses and perks are included in their salaries, and financial transactions are done on time.
- Hardware and inventory management. This includes buying equipment and making sure that it is included in proper budgets.
- 2+ years in accounting/finance/business intelligence
- Experience in creating/maintaining financial processes
- IT and systems expertise:
- Google Sheets (must: FILTER and ARRAYFORMULA, data import between GSheets)
- Excellent computer literacy: it’s easy for you to use different hardware and software, mostly related to finances and administration
- Project Management skills, including:
- Ability to execute on a great level
- Creating reusable lists of tasks and activities (documenting processes)
- Setting up realistic time frames
- Efficient collaboration and communication with different people (users, customers, colleagues, advisors)
- Data-driven approach to work - decisions are based on data and facts, not emotions/assumptions
- Proactiveness and ownership - you don’t wait for anyone to tell you what should be done. You own the process, and if something is unclear, you ask questions
- Experience in using ERP systems
- Fluent English (both written and spoken)
Would be a plus:
- Passion for optimizing and automating repeatable job rather than being afraid of it and doing stuff manually
- Bonus points for knowing tools like:
- Xero - for accounting
- Slack, any chat or tool for communication
- Airtable - as database
- Jira, Trello, Asana - for task/project management
- Data Blending and analytical tools - like Alteryx, Pentaho, Talend
- Writing code (any code really)
- Ability to work with others in an informal environment, socially enabled, not afraid to collaborate
About the company
Railsware is a product studio. Since 2005, we have shaped our own “know-how” in product creation and organisations management. Among others, we have helped Calendly and BrightBytes turn from small startups into close-to-billion-dollar companies.
Railsware products are the next step in company evolution. We have applied the best product development practices to creating our own solutions. Today, Mailtrap and Smart Checklist for Jira have over 500K users and generate over $1M of annual recurring revenue.
People feel great here. On average, a Railswarian stays in the company for about 6 years. We support our team with outstanding benefits and remote first working culture.
We look for people with high potential ready to evolve in multiple directions. The right hires shape a team of A-players to learn from each other and evolve together.
- Great clients from North America and Europe
- World-class engineering and design team
- Top-notch approaches in product design and engineering
- You are the key driver for your personal growth
- Ability to contribute to a company level initiatives
- Allocate 10% of working time to Railsware Labs activities
- Educational programs
Work in the office or remotely
- Two comfortable offices in Kyiv, Ukraine and Krakow, Poland (Ergonomic chairs and standing desks. Always fresh food and drinks)
- Work in the office or remotely
- Flexible hours
- Competitive salaries
- Salary calculated based on 360 degree colleagues review
- Revenue based half-year bonus
- Additional financial services (Saving programs, Microcredits)
- Best hardware and equipment
- Medical insurance for you
- 24+10 days of vacations per year
- 3 quick illness days and 24 long illness days, but hope you won’t need this ;)
- To motivate our team to stay fit, we cover sport expenses