As our perfect candidate, you can operate easily with Management and Financial Accounting, Data Analytics, and Legal tasks. We need a flexible person willing to help us with a diverse scope of responsibilities.
Railsware tries to get rid of unnecessary bureaucracy. Our goal is to automate and conceptualize 80% of our processes, so those become UNBORING! This will let us achieve 100% super diligent results with less manual work.
Description of you
- You are a strategic thinker and a problem solver by nature. You are flexible in sticking together smart policies, corporate structures, financial accounting rules and optimized processes. You also think which decision in long term makes more sense so the business can gain the most. While thinking long-term, you can also solve most important and urgent issues that bother us the most.
- You are proactive in suggesting solutions that will complement our strategy. You can review current plans objectively, share your opinion, and add ideas when needed. You do not limit yourself to just confirming that everything that we do in a current setup is great. We are always ready to start doing things in a better way.
- You can grasp context quickly and ask relevant questions to clarify things, trying to understand the deepest aspects of the context. You adapt your knowledge to the current context on which you work on and try to connect many contexts in your head, so you can easily navigate between them when working on different things.
- You keep the ownership of the context through making notes. This is far more important than fitting into the speed of the meeting dictated by attendees. You know that it is crucial to understand as much as possible later on, instead of hoping that you can remember everything. That’s why you can pause somebody and say "Wait, let me write this down" when needed.
- Collaboration with our CFO and CEO on different projects related to the financial operations of entities located in different countries.
- Management of all financial processes of the company. Building automation tools with Google Sheets and Data Blending approach to support them.
- Ensuring that important documentation is done properly and on time. This includes preparing cooperation agreements, NDAs, bank references, and so on. You will also manage our contractors’ database.
- Management of benefits applicable to our team members. You will make sure that all their bonuses and perks are included in their salaries, and financial transactions are done on time.
- Hardware and inventory management. This includes buying equipment and making sure that it is included in proper budgets.
- 4+ years in accounting/finance/business intelligence
- Experience in creating/maintaining financial processes
- IT and systems expertise:
- Google Sheets (Must: FILTER and ARRAYFORMULA, data import between GSheets)
- Excellent computer literacy: it’s easy for you to use different hardware and software, mostly related to finances and administration
- Project Management skills, including:
- Ability to execute on a great level
- Creating reusable lists of tasks and activities (documenting processes)
- Setting up realistic time frames
- Efficient collaboration and communication with different people (users, customers, colleagues, advisors)
- Data-driven approach to work - decisions are based on data and facts, not emotions/assumptions
- Proactiveness and ownership - you don’t wait for anyone to tell you what should be done. You own the process, and if something is unclear, you ask questions
- Experience in using ERP systems
- Fluent English (both written and spoken)
Would be a plus:
- Understanding of contracts, addendums, operational papers
- Passion for optimizing and automating repeatable job rather than being afraid of it and doing stuff manually
- Bonus points for knowing tools like:
- Xero - for accounting
- Slack, any chat or tool for communication
- Airtable - as database
- Jira, Trello, Asana - for task/project management
- Data Blending and analytical tools - like Alteryx, Pentaho, Talend
- Writing code (any code really)
- Ability to work with others in an informal environment, socially enabled, not afraid to collaborate
As a part of our life-work balance, we want Railswarians to live an active and wholesome life. That’s why we take perks pretty seriously.Download for more details
- Competitive compensationLet's face it: in a late capitalistic world, getting paid well certainly doesn't hurt.
- Best hardware and equipmentYour productivity is our priority. Once joined Railsware, you’ll get the top equipment of your choice.
- Remote and flexible scheduleRailswarians live in more than 25 countries with different time zones. All of them are free to choose their most productive work time.
- 34 Paid time offRailswarians rest 24 days per year
+ 10 days to cover your national holidays.
- Insurance CoverageThere's an additional budget allocated for you to cover your medical expenses. No. Questions. Asked.
- Annual RetreatOnce a year, we meet in a beautiful place to get acquainted in person, collaborate, build network, and have fun together.
- Education coverageAt Railsware, we don’t tell you how or what to learn. Pick the format/topic/tool you prefer and we’ll support you.