As a Talent Manager, you will have an opportunity to apply various advanced approaches to the whole talent lifecycle - starting with acquisition, adaptation, and proceeding to constant development and engagement. We treat talent management as a product using different approaches like Inception, Position Discovery, Customer Development, etc.
We work in a tight bond with the Employer Branding team. As a result, due to a strong brand, we do have hires, no matter how crazy the market is. Bring new ideas to the table and boost your own experience together with our People Team and Railsware.
- Advanced level of English (both written and spoken)
- Experience in managing the whole talent lifecycle:
- Providing full-cycle recruitment
- Creating the best onboarding experience for newcomers
- Supporting and implementing development plans for team members
- Ensuring people’s satisfaction and expectations by conducting various engagement activities
- Readiness to shape sourcing strategies, use modern sourcing techniques, and contact candidates directly
- Strong skills in profiles evaluation (based on CVs, interviews, and other research results)
- Well-structured approach to managing candidates pipeline, processes, and own projects
- Experience with ATS/CRM/HRM systems, strong software literacy
- Proficiency in Google Workspace and video conferencing tools
- Outstanding communication skills (both written and spoken)
- Data-driven approach to talent management
Would be a plus
- Experience in setting up and managing compensation and benefits models
- Power user of Google Sheets and different automation tools (see examples from Railsware Academy)
- Experience in creative writing (e.g. job descriptions, emails, outreach messages, promo posts)
- Interview hiring managers to gather position requirements
- Define hiring strategy for various technical positions
- Prepare recruitment materials and distribute those via job platforms, social media, and other communication channels
- Use advanced techniques and tools to identify and reach out as many prospects as possible
- Create catchy messages to draw candidates’ attention and engage them into the recruitment process
- Handle fast moving environment with a big load of candidates (both inbound and outbound)
- Conduct interviews and support all the recruitment stages
- Provide detailed constructive feedback to create outstanding experience both for candidates and hiring managers/liaisons
- Contribute to recruitment knowledge base, follow and improve recruitment processes
- Complete onboarding processes to create the best possible newcomers experience
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to make sure a new Railswarian gets the needed support
- Conduct various activities to introduce newcomers to the team
- Organize and provide support during feedback sessions
- Conduct customer development interviews
- Make sure that company support is provided on time and based on the newcomer’s requirements
- Manage Individual development cycles for Railswarians
- Run status checks to identify issues and find solutions
- Help with various projects from People Operations scope (the particular allocations depend on your skills and experience):
- People processes support
- Benefits and compensation
- Internship program
- Competitive compensationLet's face it: in a late capitalistic world, getting paid well certainly doesn't hurt.
- Growth opportunitiesOutline your growth and development plan, expand your skills, knowledge, and career horizons in a supportive and innovative environment.
- Remote and flexible scheduleRailswarians live in more than 25 countries with different time zones. All of them are free to choose their most productive work time and place.
- Smart Expense policyThere's an additional sum allocated to help you set up your workstation, improve your health, and learn whatever you want and how you want. No. Questions. Asked.
- Secure hardware and equipmentYour productivity is our priority. Once you join Railsware, you’ll get secure equipment of your choice.
- 34 Paid days offRailswarians rest 24 days per year + 10 days to cover your national holidays.
- Regular online and offline gatheringsWe frequently meet online and offline to get acquainted, collaborate, build a network, and have fun together.