Full Stack Engineer (Ruby / JS)Apply now
We're looking for a great Software Engineer to join our team! The position will include building great products, tackling interesting challenges, and contributing to our engineering culture. We expect you to work in pairs, use test-driven development a lot, be experienced in building complex web applications, and write both clean and maintainable code.
Required Skills and Experience
- Excellent general programming skills
- Extensive knowledge of Ruby, Ruby on Rails and its testing frameworks
- Practical experience in different DBs (RDBMS, Key Value / Tuple Store, Wide Column Store / Column Families, Document Store)
- Comfortable with the UNIX/Linux command line
- Experience in Test-Driven Development and pair programming (good to have)
- Strong technical expertise and ability to work with complex codebases
- Good English (ability to communicate fluently)
- End-to-end product development
- Write reusable and maintainable code
- Write tests to validate the correctness of your code thoroughly
- Actively contribute to the identification of problems and their solutions
- Collaborate in a cross-functional team to ensure the project meets business objectives and compliance standards
- Work in the company with no hierarchy
What you will work on
Once you join us, you will build one of the next products:
- Mailtrap.io - our headliner in the world of safe email testing (with over 550,000 users)
- Coupler.io - a tool for data import between different systems to build smooth data flows
- Calendly - one of the most popular scheduling tools in the world
- BrightBytes - a platform for educators that empowers school-wide improvement through data-driven insights
- OfficeSpace - a powerfully simple facility management software used by well-known companies in Silicon Valley and outside of it.
Check other examples of the products we've built.
We write Ruby and JS code a lot. Our codebases, however, are often polyglot, and we keep on experimenting with technologies like Elixir or GO in real production. Therefore, additional experience in other languages and frameworks is, of course, a plus.
About the company
Railsware is a product studio. Since 2005, we have shaped our own “know-how” in product creation and organisations management. Among others, we have helped Calendly and BrightBytes turn from small startups into close-to-billion-dollar companies.
Railsware products are the next step in company evolution. We have applied the best product development practices to creating our own solutions. Today, Mailtrap and Smart Checklist for Jira have over 500K users and generate over $1M of annual recurring revenue.
People feel great here. On average, a Railswarian stays in the company for about 6 years. We support our team with outstanding benefits and remote first working culture.
We look for people with high potential ready to evolve in multiple directions. The right hires shape a team of A-players to learn from each other and evolve together.
- Great clients from North America and Europe
- World-class engineering and design team
- Top-notch approaches in product design and engineering
- You are the key driver for your personal growth
- Ability to contribute to a company level initiatives
- Allocate 10% of working time to Railsware Labs activities
- Educational programs
Work in the office or remotely
- Two comfortable offices in Kyiv, Ukraine and Krakow, Poland (Ergonomic chairs and standing desks. Always fresh food and drinks)
- Work in the office or remotely
- Flexible hours
- Competitive salaries
- Salary calculated based on 360 degree colleagues review
- Revenue based half-year bonus
- Additional financial services (Saving programs, Microcredits)
- Best hardware and equipment
- Medical insurance for you
- 24+10 days of vacations per year
- 3 quick illness days and 24 long illness days, but hope you won’t need this ;)
- To motivate our team to stay fit, we cover sport expenses