Full Stack Engineer (Ruby / JS)Apply now
We're looking for a great Software Engineer to join our team! The position will include building great products, tackling interesting challenges, and contributing to our engineering culture. We expect you to work in pairs, use test-driven development a lot, be experienced in building complex web applications, and write both clean and maintainable code.
Required Skills and Experience
- Excellent general programming skills
- Extensive knowledge of Ruby, Ruby on Rails and its testing frameworks
- Practical experience in different DBs (RDBMS, Key Value / Tuple Store, Wide Column Store / Column Families, Document Store)
- Comfortable with the UNIX/Linux command line
- Experience in Test-Driven Development and pair programming (good to have)
- Strong technical expertise and ability to work with complex codebases
- Good English (ability to communicate fluently)
- End-to-end product development
- Write reusable and maintainable code
- Write tests to validate the correctness of your code thoroughly
- Actively contribute to the identification of problems and their solutions
- Collaborate in a cross-functional team to ensure the project meets business objectives and compliance standards
- Work in the company with no hierarchy
What you will work on
We write Ruby and JS code a lot. Our codebases, however, are often polyglot, and we keep on experimenting with technologies like Elixir or GO in real production. Therefore, additional experience in other languages and frameworks is, of course, a plus.
Check examples of the products we built.
About the company
Railsware is a product studio. We’ve worked with Calendly, SendGrid, Philips, Google, and a whole bunch of other interesting companies.
Mailtrap and Smart Checklist for JIRA are examples of our own products. We built them to make our work better. Now, these tools are used by dev teams at Atlassian, Adobe, Github, Yelp, Pivotal, and, of course, by our clients.
The process we use to develop products at Railsware is pretty different than in most software development companies. It has demonstrated repeatable success on more than 50 projects.
About the environment
At Railsware, we believe that these are the key components to make a truly exceptional team:
- Gathering passion-driven T-shaped skilled individuals together
- Providing them with an innovative environment to advance their skills
- Sharing the same culture, values and core qualities
Railsware’s key purposes and principles:
- create a culture of transparency, excellence, and perfection in everything we do
- value open communication and feedback, provide space for people to change and improve
- do the right thing, but always do what works
- encourage measuring the outcome of progress and making decisions based on that
- constantly learn - we observe the industry and the best companies out there
- help world-class businesses build awesome digital products and provide them with the best chances to succeed.
- Great clients from North America and Europe
- World-class engineering and design team
- Top-notch approaches in product design and engineering
- You are the key driver for your personal growth
- Ability to contribute to a company level initiatives
- Allocate 10% of working time to Railsware Labs activities
- Educational programs
Work in the office or remotely
- Two comfortable offices in Kyiv, Ukraine and Krakow, Poland (Ergonomic chairs and standing desks. Always fresh food and drinks)
- Work in the office or remotely
- Flexible hours
- Competitive salaries
- Salary calculated based on 360 degree colleagues review
- Revenue based half-year bonus
- Additional financial services (Saving programs, Microcredits)
- Best hardware and equipment
- Medical insurance for you
- 24+10 days of vacations per year
- 3 quick illness days and 24 long illness days, but hope you won’t need this ;)
- To motivate our team to stay fit, we cover sport expenses