Golang Developer for Mailtrap
We are looking for a curious Software Engineer to join our team and help us build our product - Mailtrap. In this role, you will tackle interesting challenges and contribute to our engineering culture. We expect you to use test-driven development, have experience in building complex applications, and write both clean and maintainable code.
What you will work on
Mailtrap. is a full-featured email testing and delivery service with over 1M users. It’s a complex and high-load application that integrates via API.You'll have an opportunity to contribute to the development of an email API and SMTP server, as well as work on a bunch of other features we plan to release or improve, such as webhooks, email templates, reporting and logging system, etc. Our codebases are often polyglot, and we keep on experimenting with technologies in real production. Therefore, additional experience with different programming languages and frameworks is a plus.
Required skills & experience
- Excellent general programming skills, ability to work with complex codebases
- At least 2+ years of engineering experience and proficiency in Go development
- Practical experience in different DBs (e.g. RDBMS, Key-Value / Tuple Store, Wide Column Store / Column Families, Document Store)
- Experience with cloud hosting providers (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, Digital Ocean, Heroku)
- Comfortable with the UNIX/Linux command line
- Experience in test-driven development and pair programming (good to have)
- Comfortable taking the lead on projects and working without lots of oversight
- Good English (both written and spoken)
- Write reusable and maintainable code
- Write tests to thoroughly validate the correctness of your code
- Actively contribute to the identification of the problems and their solutions
- Collaborate in a cross-functional team to ensure the project meets business objectives and compliance standards
- Work in a flat-structured company
- Competitive compensationLet's face it: in a late capitalistic world, getting paid well certainly doesn't hurt.
- Growth opportunitiesOutline your growth and development plan, expand your skills, knowledge, and career horizons in a supportive and innovative environment.
- Remote and flexible scheduleRailswarians live in more than 25 countries with different time zones. All of them are free to choose their most productive work time and place.
- Smart Expense policyThere's an additional sum allocated to help you set up your workstation, improve your health, and learn whatever you want and how you want. No. Questions. Asked.
- Secure hardware and equipmentYour productivity is our priority. Once you join Railsware, you’ll get secure equipment of your choice.
- 34 Paid days offRailswarians rest 24 days per year + 10 days to cover your national holidays.
- Regular online and offline gatheringsWe frequently meet online and offline to get acquainted, collaborate, build a network, and have fun together.