Head of Product Design
We're searching for a talented and experienced leader for our design team.
You are able to lead both vision and the team but you are also ready to get your hands dirty when it's needed. You attract amazing people as you love to inspire and motivate others. Moreover you’re the heart of the team and are always keen to grow and help anyone around you.
When leading - you lead by example, when setting the bar - you set it up high and make sure everything lives up to it. You think strategically and can take responsibility for the final result.
- 5+ years of experience in designing software
- Ability to direct, mentor and inspire teams
- Clear and articulate decision-making skills
- Strong portfolio with case studies that prove high proficiency in designing app for different industries (good Dribbble profile would do as well/ be a bonus)
- Love for the design tools and frameworks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sales and marketing experience is a big plus
- Lead the design team including participating in interviews for new team members, coaching, performance reviews, 1on1s
- Develop and push Railsware brand to a new level of consistency and awesomeness. Make sure our brand touchpoints are well maintained
- Support sales cycle for design work
- Establish processes and make sure they are maintained
- Promote Railsware design work in design communities, including Dribbble, Behance etc.
- Take Railsware design team to the next level
What you will work on
We’re an engineering company and our guys write complex apps for clients in over 12 countries around the world. This will put you at the forefront of intricate flows, surprising personas and tons of products brewing over in our Railsware Labs.
Be prepared to keep up with our engineering and product teams and twist your head around really hard interaction problems including a good amount of data-heavy products. Apps would be your major focus, there is a potential to do a marketing site once in awhile, but it won’t be the core.
So far we served guys over at Google, Brightbytes, Calendly, Sendgrid and more. Check our case studies.
About the company
Railsware is a product studio. Since 2005, we have shaped our own “know-how” in product creation and organisations management. Among others, we have helped Calendly and BrightBytes turn from small startups into close-to-billion-dollar companies.
Railsware products are the next step in company evolution. We have applied the best product development practices to creating our own solutions. Today, Mailtrap and Smart Checklist for Jira have over 500K users and generate over $1M of annual recurring revenue.
People feel great here. On average, a Railswarian stays in the company for about 6 years. We support our team with outstanding benefits and remote first working culture.
We look for people with high potential ready to evolve in multiple directions. The right hires shape a team of A-players to learn from each other and evolve together.
- Remote-friendly environment
- You can set up your home office with our help
- Two comfortable offices in Kyiv and Krakow
- Flexible schedule
- Competitive remuneration which depends on team feedback and your results
- Additional financial services (microcredits)
- Relocation to Poland (if needed)
- Office visits to collaborate with your team live
- Company retreats for Railswarians to meet each other
- Best hardware and equipment
- 24+10 paid time off days a year
- 3 quick and 24 long illness days
- We cover sport expenses and medical insurance for you