Head of Product Design
We're searching for a talented and experienced leader for our design team.
You are able to lead both vision and the team but you are also ready to get your hands dirty when it's needed. You attract amazing people as you love to inspire and motivate others. Moreover you’re the heart of the team and are always keen to grow and help anyone around you.
When leading - you lead by example, when setting the bar - you set it up high and make sure everything lives up to it. You think strategically and can take responsibility for the final result.
- 5+ years of experience in designing software
- Ability to direct, mentor and inspire teams
- Clear and articulate decision-making skills
- Strong portfolio with case studies that prove high proficiency in designing app for different industries (good Dribbble profile would do as well/ be a bonus)
- Love for the design tools and frameworks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sales and marketing experience is a big plus
- Lead the design team including participating in interviews for new team members, coaching, performance reviews, 1on1s
- Develop and push Railsware brand to a new level of consistency and awesomeness. Make sure our brand touchpoints are well maintained
- Support sales cycle for design work
- Establish processes and make sure they are maintained
- Promote Railsware design work in design communities, including Dribbble, Behance etc.
- Take Railsware design team to the next level
What you will work on
We’re an engineering company and our guys write complex apps for clients in over 12 countries around the world. This will put you at the forefront of intricate flows, surprising personas and tons of products brewing over in our Railsware Labs.
Be prepared to keep up with our engineering and product teams and twist your head around really hard interaction problems including a good amount of data-heavy products. Apps would be your major focus, there is a potential to do a marketing site once in awhile, but it won’t be the core.
So far we served guys over at Google, Brightbytes, Calendly, Sendgrid and more. Check our case studies.
- Competitive compensationLet's face it: in a late capitalistic world, getting paid well certainly doesn't hurt.
- Growth opportunitiesOutline your growth and development plan, expand your skills, knowledge, and career horizons in a supportive and innovative environment.
- Remote and flexible scheduleRailswarians live in more than 25 countries with different time zones. All of them are free to choose their most productive work time and place.
- Smart Expense policyThere's an additional sum allocated to help you set up your workstation, improve your health, and learn whatever you want and how you want. No. Questions. Asked.
- Secure hardware and equipmentYour productivity is our priority. Once you join Railsware, you’ll get secure equipment of your choice.
- 34 Paid days offRailswarians rest 24 days per year + 10 days to cover your national holidays.
- Regular online and offline gatheringsWe frequently meet online and offline to get acquainted, collaborate, build a network, and have fun together.