Head of Product EngineeringApply Now
We are currently seeking a highly skilled and experienced Head of Product Engineering to join our team at Mailtrap. As the Head of Product Engineering, you will be responsible for the delivery of high-quality products and play a critical role in leading the product engineering team, driving product innovation, ensuring high-quality deliverables, and contributing to the overall success of the organization.
- Ability to provide a clear product vision and synchronize technical implementations to align with the overall product strategy
- Possess a deep understanding of technical details and implementation methods to validate ideas and identify necessary code fixes or component details
- Previous experience in an engineering management role
- Strong programming skills, particularly in back-end development
- Proficiency in web application development
- Strong knowledge of AWS
- Expertise in scope and schedule management to ensure efficient project execution
- Skills to optimize team productivity through effective resource management
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to guide and inspire a team
- Ability to think strategically and drive the technical direction and growth of products
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to address complex technical challenges and make data-driven decisions
- Effective decision-making skills to solve complex problems and make informed choices
- Proven track record in successful project execution
- Fluent English (both writing and speaking)
- Ability to take initiative and be proactive in driving innovation and exploring new technologies
Would be a plus
- AWS certification
- Set the overall vision and strategy for the product engineering team
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define the product roadmap and align engineering efforts with company goals
- Provide leadership and manage the product engineering team
- Hire and onboard new team members, establish clear roles and responsibilities, and foster a positive work environment
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to team members
- Oversee the entire product development lifecycle, from concept to release
- Define project scope, establish timelines, and manage resource allocation to ensure efficient and timely delivery
- Ensure that products are developed efficiently, meet quality standards, and are delivered on time
- Possess a deep understanding of product engineering and stay up-to-date with industry trends
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure seamless coordination and alignment
- Foster effective communication and collaboration between teams
- Implement and maintain quality assurance processes
- Conduct code reviews and establish testing frameworks to ensure product reliability and quality
- Actively seek feedback from users and stakeholders to iterate on the product and continuously improve its quality
- Participate in project planning and budgeting activities
- Provide input on resource allocation, cost estimation, and risk assessment
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement within the team
- Identify areas for enhancement and implement changes to increase efficiency and productivity
- Engage with key stakeholders to understand requirements, gather feedback, and address concerns
- Effectively communicate technical aspects of products
- Demonstrate curiosity towards new technologies and market trends, staying updated and leveraging new tools and methodologies to drive innovation within the team
What you will work on
- Mailtrap.io - our headliner in the world of safe email testing (with over 1m users)
- Competitive compensationLet's face it: in a late capitalistic world, getting paid well certainly doesn't hurt.
- Growth opportunitiesOutline your growth and development plan, expand your skills, knowledge, and career horizons in a supportive and innovative environment.
- Remote and flexible scheduleRailswarians live in more than 25 countries with different time zones. All of them are free to choose their most productive work time and place.
- Smart Expense policyThere's an additional sum allocated to help you set up your workstation, improve your health, and learn whatever you want and how you want. No. Questions. Asked.
- Secure hardware and equipmentYour productivity is our priority. Once you join Railsware, you’ll get secure equipment of your choice.
- 34 Paid days offRailswarians rest 24 days per year + 10 days to cover your national holidays.
- Regular online and offline gatheringsWe frequently meet online and offline to get acquainted, collaborate, build a network, and have fun together.