Senior Product Designer
We're looking for an experienced Product Designer who will play the key role in creating intuitive experiences for large web applications as well as experimental prototypes in Railsware Labs division.
You are great in prototyping, bits of animation, visual and interaction design, research and coding. You like people and this is what makes you a well-rounded team player. Your nature is to own the work from start to the end and that’s why you always make sure that everything matches up for a great product when it’s finished.
- 3+ years of experience shipping awesome products
- Diversified portfolio of products you were a part of
- Excellent visualisation skills
- Great at communication and collaboration
- Metrics and research-based decision making
- Confident with low to high fidelity prototyping
- Coding skills - layout and JS, as well as other prototyping tools like Framer or Origami are a big plus
- Eagerness to learn new tools and be up-to-date with the industry
- Understand business/user needs and suggest improvements
- Define experience for new and existing features
- Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups and wireframes to communicate interaction and design ideas
- Lead the usability of new and existing products, and make constructive suggestions for changes
- Organize and prioritize all changes that need to be done to flows and screens
- Communicate changes in a verbal and visual way
What you will work on
We’re an engineering company and our guys write complex apps for clients in over 12 countries around the world. This will put you at the forefront of intricate flows, surprising personas and tons of products brewing over in our Railsware Labs.
Be prepared to keep up with our engineering and product teams and twist your head around really hard interaction problems including a good amount of data-heavy products. Apps would be your major focus, there is a potential to do a marketing site once in awhile, but it won’t be the core.
So far we served guys over at Google, Brightbytes, Calendly, Sendgrid and more. Check our case studies.
About the company
Railsware is a product studio. We’ve worked with Calendly, SendGrid, Philips, Google, and a whole bunch of other interesting companies.
Mailtrap and Smart Checklist for JIRA are examples of our own products. We built them to make our work better. Now, these tools are used by dev teams at Atlassian, Adobe, Github, Yelp, Pivotal, and, of course, by our clients.
The process we use to develop products at Railsware is pretty different than in most software development companies. It has demonstrated repeatable success on more than 50 projects.
About the environment
At Railsware, we believe that these are the key components to make a truly exceptional team:
- Gathering passion-driven T-shaped skilled individuals together
- Providing them with an innovative environment to advance their skills
- Sharing the same culture, values and core qualities
Railsware’s key purposes and principles:
- create a culture of transparency, excellence, and perfection in everything we do
- value open communication and feedback, provide space for people to change and improve
- do the right thing, but always do what works
- encourage measuring the outcome of progress and making decisions based on that
- constantly learn - we observe the industry and the best companies out there
- help world-class businesses build awesome digital products and provide them with the best chances to succeed.
- Great clients from North America and Europe
- World-class engineering and design team
- Top-notch approaches in product design and engineering
- You are the key driver for your personal growth
- Ability to contribute to a company level initiatives
- Allocate 10% of working time to Railsware Labs activities
- Educational programs
Work in the office or remotely
- Two comfortable offices in Kyiv, Ukraine and Krakow, Poland (Ergonomic chairs and standing desks. Always fresh food and drinks)
- Work in the office or remotely
- Flexible hours
- Competitive salaries
- Salary calculated based on 360 degree colleagues review
- Revenue based half-year bonus
- Additional financial services (Saving programs, Microcredits)
- Best hardware and equipment
- Medical insurance for you
- 34 days of vacations per year
- 3 quick illness days and 24 long illness days, but hope you won’t need this ;)
- To motivate our team to stay fit, we cover sport expenses