We are looking for an experienced UX developer to join our team! You will be working on building "wow-effect" products, tackle interesting challenges, and enhance user-experience. We expect you to be experienced in building web applications, and write both clean and maintainable code.
What you will work on
We expect you to work on both Railsware products and solutions designed for our clients:
- Mailtrap.io - our headliner in the world of safe email testing (with over 750,000 users)
- Coupler.io - a tool for data import between different systems to build smooth data flows
- Calendly - one of the most popular scheduling tools in the world
- BrightBytes - a platform that empowers school-wide improvement through data-driven insights
- OfficeSpace - a powerfully simple facility management software used by well-known companies in Silicon Valley and outside of it
Check other examples of the products we've built.
- Good English (both written and spoken)
- Proficiency in design and prototyping tools (Figma, Sketch, InVision, etc.)
- Ability to build user flows and its interactions
- Understanding of UI/UX principles
- Deep knowledge of HTML,CSS and responsive UI
- Knowledge of CSS architecture methodologies (OOCSS/BEM/SMACSS/etc.)
- Ability to build and design product UI library architecture
- Knowledge of browser APIs and their specifics
Will be a plus
- Ability to build UI interactions and animations
- Good general programming skills
- Experience with pre- and post-processors (postcss/sass/less/etc.)
- Practical experience with one of the front end frameworks (preferably ReactJS)
- Experience with performance optimization (Web Vitals)
- Experience in pair programming (good to have) and team collaboration
- Write reusable, maintainable and testable code for future use
- Build top-notch user experiences and high-level interfaces
- Application optimization to achieve the best performance
- Development of user interface features
- Improve the frontend architecture and make sure it evolves along with the project's needs
As a part of our life-work balance, we want Railswarians to live an active and wholesome life. That’s why we take perks pretty seriously.Download for more details
- Competitive compensationLet's face it: in a late capitalistic world, getting paid well certainly doesn't hurt.
- Best hardware and equipmentYour productivity is our priority. Once joined Railsware, you’ll get the top equipment of your choice.
- Remote and flexible scheduleRailswarians live in more than 25 countries with different time zones. All of them are free to choose their most productive work time.
- 34 Paid time offRailswarians rest 24 days per year
+ 10 days to cover your national holidays.
- Insurance CoverageThere's an additional budget allocated for you to cover your medical expenses. No. Questions. Asked.
- Annual RetreatOnce a year, we meet in a beautiful place to get acquainted in person, collaborate, build network, and have fun together.
- Education coverageAt Railsware, we don’t tell you how or what to learn. Pick the format/topic/tool you prefer and we’ll support you.